Speechless

Speechless... Utterly speechless, is the only way I can describe how He leaves me feeling at times.
When you feel as if everything is coming against you and you have no control of any of it, know that God is there waiting to move on your behalf.

 I often find myself trying really hard to keep things under control during tough and challenging seasons of my  life. By doing so, I have found myself frustrated, stressed and tired because I simply cannot control the issues that are going on around me at the time. I use so much of my own power, my own strength and my own will to ensure that things work out well. I recently went through some things where I found myself doing the very thing I just mentioned, trying to keep everything under some sort of 'manageable' control, only to find that the weight of it all was leaving me sinking. And like sinking sand, the more I moved, the quicker I sunk.
At this point I finally decided to turn to God. Through prayer and thanksgiving I submitted the situation into God's hands and decided to let go. It was then that during my scripture reading I was led to this verse in Exodus 14:
verse 14 "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."
 The context of this chapter leading up to this verse is when Moses had led the Israelites out of Egypt and to the Red Sea. It was at this time that God was getting ready to move and fulfill His promise to rescue the Israelites out of the hands of Pharaoh and the Egyptians. The scriptures tell us that God hardened the heart of Pharaoh which led to the armies of Egypt; "all Pharaoh's horses and chariots, horsemen and troops - pursuing the Israelites."(v9)
Can you imagine being chased by armies and men on horses galloping toward you wanting your head?!! oh em gee.. now if we translate that to our day and age, sometimes situations that arise can leave us feeling as if we're being cornered. So what did Moses do? he answered the people "Do not be afraid. stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."(v13-14)
Later in verse 21, "Moses stretches out his hand by instruction of God and "the Lord drove the sea back with a strong east wind and turned it into dry land. The waters were divided."

Just as the Red Sea had parted for Moses and the Israelites, God is making a way for break through in our lives. We need only to be still and know that He is God. If you feel as if you're sinking, then be still and know that He is God. He will stretch down his hand and pull you out. His word is truth and God is faithful to his word because He is a good God. And as the Egyptians saw that is was the Lord who was fighting against them, so too will people in your life see that only something much bigger than you could bring such a victory over the sinking situations of your life and the bigger thing that they will see, is God.