9nine thousand one hundred & twenty 5five days


Year by year another birthday comes. I was never really into throwing birthday bashes or going out and welcoming in a new age at large. The perfect and ideal way to celebrate my birthday would be to share it with the people closest to me over dinner or cake at home.

On some years, being 1 of 5 children, my parents would at times forget about my birthday and with all my pride aside, it would upset me. How could your own mum & dad forget?! On those occasions I would journal and be honest with how it had upset me. I would worry myself with thoughts that perhaps my birthday won't be so great again this year...

I've been attending Hillsong church in Sydney, Australia for a couple of years. At the beginning of this year our Senior Pastor spoke God's favor over the church and our lives. We're currently 8 months in to the year and I am thankful that I got caught in the midst and am heavily riding this favor wave. God has taken my breath away.

The morning of my birthday I had breakfast made for me in bed by my youngest brother and from that moment I knew God was showering me with love and favor. This year was not like other years and I was truly blessed!

Many greetings later, gifts and cake, this definitely was one of the most memorable birthdays that I have had thus far. God had truly surpassed my expectations and again, has left me utterly amazed at his love :) The picture to the right is me on my 25th birthday. I was being taken to lunch by my fiance Alby, to Jamie Oliver's Italian (which was amazing!) I not only had a great birthday but I had an amazing week. And I praise God for his favor and showering of love. My parents may have forgotten a tad about my birthday but they were reminded early enough in the day to still celebrate it with me :) In years passed, God had taught me how to forgive them for forgetting my birthday and reminded me that he never has and never will. We celebrated with cake at home (of course). Alby has brought over French mud cake which was ah-may-zing.


God is a faithful God. A year ago I had difficulty in believing what was then, just a statement. Towards the close of a sunday night church service, a man prayed for me and declared that statement over me. I had been through a rough year in nearly every aspect of life and I was somewhat angry, frustrated. I hadn't heard from God and I felt forgotten. It was another difficult and hurtful year, like the years before. "God is a faithful God," he said to me. Tears flowed like a river down my cheeks trying to absorb the words he was saying. He then led me to a scripture in Isaiah 41:17-18:
"The poor and needy search for water, but there is none; 
their tongues are parched with thirst. 
But I the Lord will answer them;
I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them.
I will make rivers flow on barren heights,
and springs within the valleys.
I will turn the desert into pools of water,
and the parched ground into springs..." 

If God's word is true then this is His promise. It's so easy to forget promise when our circumstances shift our focus. But, the blessings and the love I have seen from Him are a constant and significant reminder of his promise. He is a faithful God and I pray, not to forget that promise, but to be reminded by Him. 
Below is a video of 'I lift my hands - Chris Tomlin." This song is very uplifting and is a great reminder of the love and faithfulness of God. I pray that as you listen, it will be a reminder to you of God's faithfulness wherever you are at in life. I pray that this will bless you.

If you are in need of prayer, I would be honored to pray and believe with you for God to meet you at your circumstance and show his faithfulness and promise to you, like he has done for me. 
You can send me a prayer request to my email: keeperofheartsblog@gmail.com 
I will stand in faith and believe with you for whatever your need is.

bless xoxo