The Provider

Some times a girl just needs to shop!
Upon looking for inspiration for a wedding, a new photo shoot for the blog, christmas gifts and so on, I am always finding an endless want for things. The list keeps getting bigger. The online realm of shopping keeps revealing more and more wants and is putting naughty ideas into my head of how I can spoil myself. But they're not things that I need.
Here are some things that I have come across that I would love to have:

                         

Top left; A dress from Saboskirt.com,  top right: a necklace from Collette accessories, bottom left: Roman Holiday DVD, bottom right: New Macbook Pro with retina display

Most girls love to shop, there's no doubt about that. But sometimes I must admit, it can be a problem when I have no money, only plastic money. And that's the bad kind that has brought me into debt at times. Leading up to this holiday season can always be a tricky time when trying to juggle my finance. Having a large family also doesn't help when you're wanting to spoil them during the silly season.

This year though, God has been guiding me with my finance and teaching me true lessons of sowing, reaping, tithing, generosity and getting out of debt. By reading ' A Blessed Life,' by Robert Morris, it has helped me to understand the importance of putting God first in the area of finance. It has taken me almost a year of putting into practice regular tithing to maintain it as a discipline in my life and by being faithful with my finance, God has shown and proven time and time again that He is faithful and continues to show his blessings whenever I need it most.

Recently, I had found myself in a situation where I had run out of money for petrol. Having put myself in this situation, I sure did wonder and worry how I was going to manage the week of driving without money for petrol. Unexpectedly, I received a late payment from a job that I had done weeks or perhaps even a month ago that I had completely forgotten about. It was the exact amount I needed to fill my car for the working week. Astonished and amazed I was in tears. I knew that it was God looking out for me and showing his provision in this divine moment in time.

Although this is only one example that I have illustrated to you, there have been countless others times where I can remember God providing lunch through others, when I wasn't able to provide myself with food. And the list goes on.

The lessons I have learnt when it comes to my finance is that no matter how much I worry, God is always faithful in the end to his promise, to his word and to me as I apply his principles of tithing: sowing, reaping and generosity.

" So do not worry, saying 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' Your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."
Matthew 6:31-33

How true. God knows everything we need and would he not provide for those who love him and who put him first? Would he not clothe those who need clothing, would he not feed even the least of his kingdom?
I love a good shop here and there, pretty dresses and pretty handbags. I love fashion and the creativity and individualism of the art but I do choose to spend my money wisely on things that I need and not on things that would increase my status and value to define myself in the society of this world. I have defined my identity and status as a daughter of a high king with purpose planted in my heart where I choose to spend my money wisely to advance God's kingdom on earth. And I'm sure God won't mind if I spend a little money on a nice dress or shoes here or there :) He delights in our thankfulness and gratitude in Him. All my blessings come from Him :)

"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass in the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you?"
Matthew 6: 28-30

So let me encourage you today, if you ever like you don't have enough or aren't high in financial status do not worry :) God will clothe and feed you. You are his child and he has already gone ahead and made a way for whatever financial need it is that you have. If you would like to learn more about applying Godly financial principles in your life then I encourage you to buy ' A Blessed Life,' by Robert Morris. It will open your eyes to something you have never seen or heard before. You will live out a blessed life if you pick up this book I promise you.

Remember, that God is the provider and He already knows what you need even before you realise that you need it. He will provide for you in good time.

Be blessed xoxox