Joy to the World

Joy to the world, the Lord is come.

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6

For thousands of years, christian history & prophecy led to this day. The promise of a saviour and the promise of a king.  God's own son was given to humanity on this very day, Jesus, born in a stable and kept in a manger, a king born of humble and yet royal birth. Today we celebrate the name of Jesus, or Emmanuel meaning "God with us." God's gift to us for relationship and life abundant.

Jesus is the true meaning of Christmas, despite the way and beliefs of the world today. We celebrate Christmas because of his birth, not because of religious traditions. Thanksgiving is celebrated at Christmas because of his birth. Gifts are given because God the Father first gave to us his son. Jesus is the center and meaning of Christmas and today I am thankful and filled with joy because a God so big loved me enough to send me his son. Because of Jesus, I am filled with a hope for the future and love unconditional. I can live a life fulfilled amongst friends and family.

On the way to church this morning I tuned my iPod to help get the spirit of Christmas thriving in my car. I listened to Mariah Carey's Christmas album the whole 30min drive. Within 5min of arriving a car drove in front of me with the licence plates 'LUVYOU' a message I was convinced was from God. The moment the word was comprehended in my mind, I felt my heart flutter knowing that God had sent me a love message on the way to the service. He's the romantic type.
Church this morning was filled with lots of families, couples, singles & children. It's the one time of the year where those who don't normally attend church on a regular sunday basis, are open to the invite to coming to a Sunday church service. Upon singing the carols and worship songs, I paused on the thought of how many people have not yet discovered the wonder & power of the gift of Jesus. A discovery that I pray many of the will come to know in due time.
Gifts were given, opened and revealed after the service and God never ceases to amaze me :) I was spoilt from Alby's family! Half my wish list was fulfilled! I couldn't have asked for anything better than what I had received. I am truly thankful :)
Well, back at home now enjoying my new macbook from Alby which was an incredible surprise! Lunch has been devoured with the family and I think it's high time for an afternoon Christmas siesta. The thunder and rain provide the perfect weather and atmosphere for e to catch some Z's.

I hope you're having a wonderful Christmas day and celebration surrounded with loved ones. If you feel like you're alone this Christmas I pray that Jesus would surround you with his love and comfort, so that you would truly know the power and truth of the Christmas message. Remember his name in this day.

                         








































- samijo xoxox