Happy Easter :)

Happy Easter dear friends :)

Easter is such a unique celebration for every christian. I don't know why you celebrate easter but I can share with you why it's such a special celebration and time for me. Easter is not about another holiday in the calendar year. It's not about chocolate or even about the easter bunny himself, even though he's so cute. It's a great time for joy and peace and a time for reverence and remembrance of what Jesus did for us.

Easter's true meaning is about a friend I know who's name is Jesus. This time some years back, I was in a confused emotional and mental state. I remember being in our regular Saturday youth service and we were celebrating the Easter season. Up until this point, my understanding of Easter was that Jesus died for everyone and so, it was right for us as christians to give thanks to Him for bridging the gap between us humans and God the Father.

During the beginning of the youth service as the songs began playing and being sung, the projector displayed the lyrics of each song. Reading through the lyrics made me realise that I really didn't know personally why He died for me, I didn't know what these songs I was singing really meant for me. I soon felt a frustration and anger come upon me and so I left the service. Why was I singing something that meant nothing to me? I walked my overworked brain into a smaller room where I could still hear the service. I soon found myself sitting down on the floor trying my best to make some sense of it all. Sitting down, the lyrics play out more and soon the preaching began. The more I listened, the frustration arose to the point where I began to cry. There was a part of me that wanted to give honour to this man but my insides wouldn't let me because I didn't know why. Soon enough my emotional outbursts peaked to the point where I wanted to scream so loud that I had to scream on the inside so no one could hear me. 'WHY?!' was the word screaming out of my soul, 'I don't understand why!' And as loud as it was on the inside, I made sure that no one could hear me even though my face was a bubbling mess. It turned out I was wrong. Someone did hear me... and it was God. Soon after my soul crying yelp, I began to cry uncontrollably because the desperation and yearning for meaning and truth was so deep. Without any control to pull myself together God heard me, and He spoke to me through my own mouth. "For your freedom, my child." I heard His voice speaking to me through my own mouth, and once the realisation hit of what just happened, all I could do was cry some more... soon after I slowly began to settle, cleaned myself up and walked back into that service like nothing had happened. Mind you, I was out of the service for the most part.

After that episode, it took me some time to comprehend what had occurred. Those words uttered through my mouth, I still did not understand. Why did I need freedom and what did I need it from? The years would pass and I still would find no meaning or definition to why Jesus had died for my freedom personally.

On my 23rd birthday I tattoo'd the word 'Freedom' on my ribcage, so that I would never forget the reason behind Easter, between my saviour and I, even if I had not yet discovered the fullness of its meaning.

Finally, a year later, my prayer for understanding was answered. 2 years ago when I found myself on the floor of my room, was when I discovered true freedom. (you can read that blog here)
The months of healing that followed was where I discovered healing in my heart, mind & soul. Being captive from unforgiveness, hurtful memories that I would revisit in my mind, the healing from Jesus truly freed me from the state that I was in, had become and lived with. I was now free from the burden of past hurts and debilitating mindsets, free from the black heart I was living with, free from my past, free from the chains of hopelessness, free from the limitations of this world, free to love and to receive love from my rescuer, Jesus. All this wouldn't have been possible if Jesus, had not hung on that cross, defied death and rose again three days later. I cannot imagine where I would be if He chose not to. Jesus had a choice, He could have said no but He chose to say yes to dying for me so that I would know freedom from the state I was in. I'm so glad I said yes to Him years ago and will choose to do so every day.

Jesus died for my salvation, yes, and He also died for my freedom and now I have fullness of joy, fullness in my heart and a soul that is well.


"The thief comes to steal, kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it to the full."
John 10:10 (NIV)

6-10 "Jesus told this simple story, but they had no idea what he was talking about. So he tried again. “I’ll be explicit, then. I am the Gate for the sheep. All those others are up to no good—sheep stealers, every one of them. But the sheep didn’t listen to them. I am the Gate. Anyone who goes through me will be cared for—will freely go in and out, and find pasture. A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of."
John 10:6-10 (The Message)


So to you who are reading, I pray that you would know too the true meaning behind easter personally, that it would not just be another holiday each year round, but that you would find profound meaning, truth and depth to it. I hope you have said yes to Jesus and if you haven't, I pray that you will come to know Him as I do. If you want to know how, then just ask.

The truth will set you free, and friend, Jesus is the truth.

Happy Easter :) ... Why? because Jesus is risen!! :)


Lots of love <3