A New Season


- 2 0 1 4 -

Well, it's arrived. A season has ended and a new one begins.

I don't know how 2013 was for you or how it ended. But I know bigger and better things are ahead of you and await you.

The last 12 months for me were challenging and very busy. I had lost passion and inspiration. Tension and discouragement began to fill my heart and my everyday turned very negative. It was probably my most stressful year ever. Work had really placed me in a boiler. The challenge for me was an everyday challenge to look at each situation and face everyday with a smile and without negative tones. I would find myself learning how to 'exit' my day by finding an empty area at work and just sit and have short emotional outbursts of tears because of the anger, betrayal, unjust treatment I would be feeling. The workplace I was in was a very toxic environment. Lots of negativity, judgement, sloth and malice corrupted the environment. I was tired of it. Everyday I was tired of it. It robbed me of a good, precious part of me. I eventually had to stand up to some of the bullying and had to learn to speak up where there was injustice. Enough was enough. To cut a long story short, I resigned from my work and will be finishing up there in February.

The biggest lessons I learned in the last year were how to cope with my stress and how to remain positive in such a toxic environment. There were also challenges to not fall into behaving in the same way and adopting such horrible characteristics in order to defend and stand up for myself. I also learnt of the kind of leadership I don't want to be under and the kind of leader I would want to be. So many lessons I could take away from this last season and work was only one area of my life.

2014 is ahead of me and there is no turning back. I am so positive for this next season because adventure awaits!

I'm getting hitched in 8 weeks so I am crazy busy at the moment and I finish my work season in 6 weeks. I have decided to study full time in July at Hillsong College (haven't applied yet - but will soon!) so that is another adventure I am excited to begin.

2014 will be a big year. A year for Change. A new season.

God has been good and there is more of Him that I am yet to discover this year.

I finished 2013 by reading the book of Psalms. I am still getting through it but the chapter that stuck with me the most and the one that I will begin 2014 with is this:

"Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge.
I say to the Lord, 'You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.'
I say of the holy people who are in the land, 'They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.'
Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more.
I will not pour out libations of blood to such gods or take up their names on my lips.
LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.
I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.
I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,
because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay.
You will make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand."

Psalm 16

I pray this chapter and these words over your 2014 and this next season. And God, I commit this next year to you.

Amen.